5 Tips to get your inspiration back
Yesterday I was sitting in front of my computer, I wrote 3 different posts and I published zero. Something wasn’t quite right. Me, most likely. There are days, whatever your work is, where you will feel uninspired, where everything you looks, sounds, reads horribly and you begin to wonder: Why am I even doing this? So first I do this:
And then, if my inspiration fails me, my mind is simply not focused or it seems I have nothing to write about, this is what I start doing until everything falls back into place:
1. Get out of the house. Seeing people, watching a movie, going to an exhibition, does wonders to my brain, it is like watering a plant.
2. Write down nonsense. Looks like a waste of time, but some good ideas have already come out of this.
3. Do the opposite. Watch or listen to something completely different. In a way it is like traveling with your mind. Go somewhere else other than your comfort zone.
4. Spend time with creative people. Not to suck their creativity out of them, but to be inspired, to be taken out of that still water and be back in the ocean with the crazy waves.
5. Go to bed early and get up early. Seems simple? It is not. But do it! Proper sleep sets your mood right. Plus, sleeping the right amount of hours gives you a good number of working hours to do what you really should.
If none of these work for you, take a look at the bellow tips. I do them and they have worked so far.
What other tips do you have when inspiration fails you? Share them! I would love to hear about them!